NIP

This technically should go in the breastfeeding section, but it won't. A few months ago I finally started doing something I really wanted to do, nursing in public. I was always a little hesitant on it since Gunnar likes to come off and look around a lot and I didn't want the chance of being exposed, especially since I never use a nursing cover. That's a whole other rant I could go on about, but the gist is that he gets hot and sweaty and has a hard time nursing when he is covered. One day at the mall I decided to just get over my hesitations and just do it. 

Why yes.
I did get some stares from people every once in a while, but for the most part, no one knew what I was doing which made me feel very comfortable with doing it. Since that day, I NIP almost every time we go out.

Not sure about how to do it?
You can always find somewhere to sit and nurse like you normally would. That's not for me though. I hate having to stop what I'm doing to sit and nurse when I'm perfectly capable of walking and nursing. And that, is where a sling comes in handy. I have a pouch sling and it makes nursing incredibly easy. I *wish* I had a ring sling though so it would be even easier, but a pouch sling works.



You'd never know he was nursing would you? See? Extremely easy AND discreet! Plus, it's an incredible feeling and for me, a huge accomplishment.
The more you practice, the easier it gets and the less and less you care about what other people may think and the looks you can encounter.


0 comments:

Post a Comment